WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
SPINEBIKE srl, Via Cappellini 16, 20124 Milano, VAT 09692460968 is entity responsible for the processing of your personal data.
WHAT Personal Data We Collect and WHEN
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you interact with our Sites or use our Apps. We will treat your personal data with all the diligence and confidentiality we can provide to give you the best service. This personal data includes your:
- Contact details including name, email, telephone number and physical address;
- Login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- Personal details including gender and date of birth;
- Data on physical characteristics, including weight, height, and body measurements;
- Activity data when you ride a SPINEBIKE provided by you or generated through our Sites or Apps (time, duration, distance, location, calorie count, SpineCoin, etc. );
- Personal preferences including your marketing and cookie preference.
We use additional personal data in order to enable particular features within our Sites and Apps or services. For example, we request access to your phone’s geo-location data in order to log your cycling route, or request access to your social network credentials in order to post content from an App to a social network. This personal data includes your:
- Movement data from your device’s accelerometer;
- Sensor data, including (GPS) location data;
- Social network information, including credentials and any information from your public posts about SPINEBIKE or your communications with us.
When interacting with our Sites and Apps, data is automatically collected and shared with SPINEBIKE by the technology platforms providing the experience. For example your web browser or mobile device may share certain data with SPINEBIKE as those devices interact with SPINEBIKE’s Sites or Apps. More information about these practices is included in the Cookies section below. This data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information;
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags.
Tools to Manage What We Collect
When using our Apps, we also inform you about our collection through standard permissions in app stores, mobile operating systems, and in the App experience. We also prompt you for your consent where necessary.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of information. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from minors.
WHY and HOW We Use (Process) Your Personal Data
We use the personal data we collect from you in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Sites, Apps. For example, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about promotion.
If you use our Apps to track your cycling activity by a SPINBIKE, we will collect this data and store it so that you can review it in the App. Your physical activity data may include data you enter about your activity as well as data collected by your device during the course of your activity such as location data and movement data. We may use this activity data also to calculate further information about your activity, such as distance run, or calories burned, CO2 emissions avoided, so that the calculated information can be provided to you as part of the functionality of the App.
In many cases, to use particular features within our Sites, Apps, and services you may need to provide SPINEBIKE with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. For example, to share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
When you sign-up in a form by SPINEBIKE, we may use the information you provide as well as information from other SPINEBIKE sources, such as your use of SPINEBIKE’s Sites and Apps, your visits to SPINEBIKE stores, your participation in SPINEBIKE events and contests (possibly through other SPINEBIKE affiliates) to send you personalized communications on products and services that may be interesting for you, included special promotions.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We may use the data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we may use that information for accounting, auditing and other internal functions, for instance statistics about clients. As another example, we may use data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose possible technical and experienced service problems and administer our Sites and Apps.
To Protect Our or Others’ Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Sites, Apps and Services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to spinebike.com search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings.
Use (Processing) of Cycling Activity and Physical Characteristic Data
As discussed above, SPINEBIKE may collect data about your cycling activity or your physical characteristics in order to provide our Apps and other services. Because of this intimate nature of this data, we strive to provide you with clear information about how this data will be used. As this data may be considered sensitive, we take appropriate measures in protecting and using this data and, where required by applicable law or under SPINEBIKE’s internal policies, obtain your consent for use.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
SPINEBIKE shares your personal data with:
SPINEBIKE affiliates for the purposes outlined above;
- Third party service providers processing personal data on SPINEBIKE’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features;
- Third parties participating in promotional activity related to our Apps;
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation of the Company).
When you use certain social features on our Sites or Apps, you can create a public profile that may include information such as your screen name, profile picture and hometown. You can also share content with your friends or the public, including information about your SPINEBIKE activity. We encourage you to use the tools we provide for managing SPINEBIKE’s social sharing to control what information you make available through SPINEBIKE’s social features.
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of your Personal Data
- Security: We use a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal data. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems.
- Retention of your data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
- Your rights related to your personal data: You have the right to withdraw your consent with respect to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your data and to modification or deletion, in the event your data as stored by us are incorrect or otherwise unlawful.
To modify your (email or sms) subscriptions or to opt-out of receiving SPINEBIKE communication, please modify your preferences, for istance in the “view or change my profile” section of newsletter services and profile section within APP. You can also contact us to exercise your rights of access, modification and deletion or to object to the processing of your personal data via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third parties may also collect information via Sites through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies. More information on the identity of these third parties and their privacy policies is provided below.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request, eventually allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. De-selecting these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. De-selecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
You can always change your preference by visiting the “Cookie Settings” of your browser.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through SPINEBIKE Sites or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Sites and Apps more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
USING SPINEBIKE Sites and Apps with Third-Party Products and Services
Our Sites and Apps allow you to interact with a wide variety of other digital products and services. For example, our Sites and Apps can integrate with third-party devices for activity tracking, social networks, and other digital services.
If you choose to connect your SPINEBIKE account with a third-party device or account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your SPINEBIKE activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there.
Our Sites and Apps may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
If we ever decide to update our Policy, according to a change in legislation, we will post the changes on our Sites and Apps. We strongly encourage you to read our Policy and regularly check for any changes. This Policy was last modified in May 2017.
QUESTIONS and Feedback
We welcome questions, comments, and concerns about our Policy and privacy practices. If you wish to provide any feedback or if you have questions or concerns, please send us an email at email@example.com.